So, it's now week 6 and I can safely say that I prefer this semester to the last one. More importantly, I think that I have managed to adapt to both Residential College life and also Business Faculty. It wasn't easy in Sem1, it seemed like the first 3 months in JC all over again. I was involved in too many things and I didn't really get down to studying much. Unfortunately, 3/4 of my core modules were math based and I really did suffer ): In addition, there was quite a lot of drama going on Tembusu, such as the CSC election that created two camps and also my suite problems.
Come this semester, everything sort of mellowed down already and everyone is getting serious with their work. My suite hasn't had supper together and everyone is very busy. Junni is now in live lounge with both dragon and naonao while ronron is busy signing up for business related stuff. Denden is getting very stressed out from her law stuff (she is doing her assignment outside now and I didn't want to piss her off further by blasting music :/)
As for me, I'm still committed to treble and hwachong voices. In addition, I decided to be more pro active in Business so I signed up for marketing comm and we just finished out fundraiser during oweek. It kind of "wasted" one week worth of my time because I was busy filling mini testtubes with hairgel and stuffing in pasta alphabets to create personalised merchandises at the price of $2 (fyi, totally unjustifiable for the amount of labor invested). Nonetheless, profits were good so kuddos to the oweek team! (:
I have been trying to keep to my bible study schedule.. Stella bought me a book called "woman of grace" for v day and I think it'll really help me in my spiritual walk with God (: I've already done the first chapter, which talks about God's grace.
As of now, I am coping well with my academics but i am still annoyed with myself because I don't think I am actually putting in my best for my work. I do put in above average effort for my work but I don't know why I can't seem to push myself as hard as I thought I would have been able to. Please don't tell me this is a sign of ageing D: I got back my results for biz comm and I am happy with it. It's just that I feel like kicking myself in the foot for not treating the presentation seriously throughout :/ my introduction was good and I was confident. However, I allowed myself to slack off towards the end when I came back on stage to present the last few slides. URGH, my discipline level is falling...For IEM, i am just disappointed because i feel that i can score for this and make it my CAP puller. I am particularly annoyed with this guy from my class because he's really a leech. One who doesn't do his readings and yet still snoops around to get ideas. In the end, i got the same results as him for my assignment. wts.
Anyways, I spent most of my week 3 in treble. There were a lot of glitches towards the finals because Jon and Ikhsan were in the tembusu Grease production and the finals date clashed with our performance date. I was so stressed out because some people contemplated of pulling out of the competition. I didn't want to quit, not when we had the potential to do well. Luckily, alex managed to squeeze in some time to help us and at the very last minute, Ingmar offered to help with the drumbox, substituting a beatboxer. Thank God for the opportunity to pull the performance off><
In my opinion, the finals was badly organized and the coordination was plain appalling :/ Everything was rather last minute. I was pleasantly surprised that we were called on stage first when the top 5 positions were announced! Malfoy's Minions were also in the top 5! There wasn't any 3rd placing because the price money went to the category of 'Audience choice', which was taken by a group that wasn't even in the top 5 haha. Secretly, I thought that my group was in third place :p
T-cube! me, ingmar, emzy, pris, ghimmy, alex, charissa
malfoy's minions: naonao, rach, rachelle, kristy, malfoy, shaun, weiming
LOL. Sadly, Jared wouldn't be involved in Treble for this semester anymore. The poor boy, he has so much on his plate... CSC duties are killing him ):
(:
I was so frustrated with Treble-related issues for a good few weeks of the semester because of POOR LEADERSHIP and UNCOMMITTED members. It's horrible. I don't want to be in such a position in the future. In the first place, I can't believe that people can be this irresponsible. It just irks me that they value their own personal satisfaction to be on stage rather than the hardwork they have to put in to put up a decent performance.
It's equivalent to having no music-morals =..=
Anyways, I hope that the committed members will train during recess week so we can all improve together and put up a good performance on open day. *fingers crossed!*
impromptu uniform day for gaja
this was quite an epic event initiated by jawn jawn hahahaha! Since naonao and I brought extra sets of uniform, we just convinced denden and dragon to wear it. Denden took ron's tj tie and dragon borrowed angoose's tie. It was hilarious because we really looked like secondary school kids again and we even fooled others by saying that dragon's the head of student council cos she has a black tie :P
kids
original Cedarians
teehee! I am still waiting for jac to upload the photos taken on that day! We also had GAJA cny celebration in the common lounge.
Vday
Valentine's day in University is strangely... weird. It never really occurred to me what Vday is actually like in university. In Cedar, no one walks out of school without a bag full of handwritten notes and chocolates. Everyone was appreciated and loved.
In Hwachong, my class guys were sweet (you know, the arts guys) and Lucas even made pancakes for everyone. They were pink and in heart shapes!
vDAY IN HWACH DAYS
my son wrote on the container: Happy Valentine's day, i came from your dustbin.
WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS HAHAHA
this was Vday 2012 haha. Bff and I went around selling flowers. IT'S NOT EASY TO SELL FLOWERS MANZ. It was quite funny cos both of us wore the same shirt we bought from bugis and attempted to make money.
I was also involved in PartS ministry performance at SMU.
yup, so come 2013, Vday was kinda anti-climatic. Theron-the-pretty-boy asked me "STILL NO BOYFRIEND?!" =.=
Pre-vday: I went over to Arts to support Annette's money making business by purchasing a handmade book. She's so talented!!
So how did I spend my Vday... I spent it in my room because sectionals were cancelled in lieu of CNY. I only emerged from my room at 11pm that night to deliver some cards. I didn't know what to get my mortal and whether it would be inappropriate to give him something. Unlike jc, the context in uni is different. I remember going down to his floor and zy saw me (shit). In the end, I just gave him a small card with a drawing inside. I hardly draw, but I somehow manage to find the excuse to practice my drawing skills when I wrote to him for T-angel haha.
Bff was busy with fundraising on Vday so we postponed our date to Friday instead.
presenting to you... my gorgeous valentine :D I'm so proud of her because she managed to pull off the fund raiser despite it being her first assignment as a leader. We went to Saveur at bugis for dinner (: Bff got my three helium balloons and walked around city hall area like that (as seen from the above photo), likeaboss.
We sat outside NLB and just shared with one another major happenings in 2013 thus far. It felt good to catch up because we rarely see each other around. In the end, i braved the embarrassment on the mrt and bus to bring back bff's present to my room LOL.
That very night, ICG (inter colleage games) started so I went to watch a bit of badminton. Jon wore a hairband and looked like astroboy. He's whacks are really powerful and I totally cracked up when his teammate shouted "HUAT AH!" when he smacked the shuttlecock lol. The very next day, ICG commenced again with frisbee in the morning. I went up to finish my econs homework before going down to grab lunch and to watch the finals between tembusu and usp. Then, I saw something rather amusing. My mortal, apparently, has the same waterbottle as me o.o Anyways, the highlight of the game was when miko dived for the frisbee and skidded face flat for a good few inches. When he got up, he had a nasty cut across his right cheek and there was blood on his shirt D:
BUT TEMBUSU WON! whoo! Worth the good fight! I can't imagine myself playing for tembusu. That would probably be the most embarrassing moment of my life because I'm so unfit and I will be a liability to the team instead. blegh.
Later that night, I decided to stay in school. Had dinner with alex, winter, nandini and patrick at Sapore. My first time dining there since my induction into Tembusu lol.
Michael's birthday just passed and it was quite an epic birthday for him because the guys carried him into the male toilet, locked him in a cubicle and drunk a pail full of water (and pamolive shampoo) down onto him. The hilarious thing is that Michael didn't really put up a struggle (even though he could) because it would be plain awkward if he managed to escape and then the rest of us will be in the toilet shooting one another awkward glances HAHA.

Lastly, the "3HairyMen" debate team from tembusu won the Inter college Debate and defeated USP 3-2! I'm so happy for Angus and exceptionally proud of him haha. I don't know why he even went to shave his beard because his looks contradicts his team name!
Oh, this reminds me of what my suitemates wrote in the whatsapp chat just now
Dragon: Connor's disheveled stubbly state is not bad
Wawa: Carmivore's fettish for rugged looking men with untamed hair and stubbles
Denden: haha, the fifth hairy man
Carmina: watching all the hairy men on stage yesterday was like porn
LOL
Yup, so that sums up everything as of now.
Denden just came into my room to angst about the faulty tembusu printing...
veron is sitting on my bed and saying "this is an unfair life..."
stress.
I hope recess week will be productive for everyone! I'm reverting back to imposing the "sleep before 12.30am" rule on myself. SELF DISCIPLINE!