<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/20920308?origin\x3dhttp://musicislife-jr.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, June 10, 2010

GRAND PRIX WINNER!
WE ARE THE ABSOLUTE CHAMPIONS!
ms lim, alumni, seniors and batchmates and roomie, thank you so much for your help and guidance and patience. It was not an easy journey and there were many a times when we felt demoralized and downcast. On the competition day itself, i woke up feeling uncertain, yet hopeful. It was Qiushi's birthday too. It was destined to be an eventful day.
Category A2 was in the morning and we sang...

burung
ave maria
mate saule
kalinda
(97/100)

catergory A5

itsuki
tupiangio
lullaby
mambo
(95/100)

The triumph on stage knowing that you sound perfect and you create music... that feeling is priceless. We went on to the grand prix. Everyone was quite tired by then. it was like studying for o levels but it was much better because we had the hwachong army with us and everyone distributing the pressure of the competition. I love the stage. I love the audience. During grand prix, we sang itsuki and mambo. itsuki gave me the goosebumps. It was so heart-wrenching and i stole a glance at the audience and they looked pained too HAHA. (Y) For mambo, i was acting very "hiao" (supposed to!) and the tempo was awesome! Everyone was dancing and i felt EUPHORIC WHEN WE HELD THE FINAL POSE!
Three european girls stood up with their teacher (in the front row) and spontaneously gave us a STANDING OVATION!! In no time, the EVERYONE WAS UP ON THEIR FEET CHEERING AND WHOOPING! i really felt like crying and i was smiling like an idiot. I held Hoiyan's pinky and we looked at each other, brimming from ear to ear with tears in our eyes. my heart was SOARING. I WAS SO HAPPY, I WANTED TO SCREAM!!!!!!
IT WAS PURE MAGIC, SOMETHING WHICH I HAD NEVER EXPERIENCE BEFORE. It was so personal, yet selfless. ( ok, idk what i'm talking about anymore)
this trip will definitely be etched in my mind for my entire life. I have learnt so much, even to the point where i was pessimistic and prepared myself for the worse, even when ms lim blatantly proclaimed that she has given up on us, this hwachong spirit still persevered within us and took us all by surprise. After this entire term in hwachong, i always felt slightly detached from the school.. but thank you choir, i am now proud to say that i am from HWACHONG AND I'M FROM RIO HC. NO MATTER HOW TOUGH IT IS, WE WILL KEEP THE FAITH AND WE WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS (yes, i shall apply this to my results and use the as my new determination and goal to success)
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MEMORIES.
IT WAS THE BEST LEARNING JOURNEY
BEST CHOIR JOURNEY BY FAR
BEST 19TH BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR QIUSHI.
JIAYOU RIOHC!




5:57 AM